RE3 – Family DEMO
Learn how to respond most effectively to your offspring’s emotional reactions to bad news.
To make this most applicable to you, please answer the following questions:
- I am a
- I have a
- We have a
- Child feels the emotion of
Father & Daughter, Good Relationship-Sadness
Before choosing your response, read through all the choices, then select the best one.
- A) Say nothing; act as if there was no sad expression.
- B) “I am sorry, but there is nothing I could do about it.”
- C) “I am sorry, I wish it didn’t work out this way.”
- D) “I know you are disappointed, I am too. I wish there was another way.”
- E) “Please don’t blame me; you mother’s out of town, the baby-sitter is sick and it is vital to my job that I be at the boss’s dinner.”
- F) “All of us face disappointments in life; you have to learn how to get used to it.”